Ok so the new Android phone has arrived and I want my iOS calendars transferred to it. Turns out this is actually very simple to achieve, here are the steps:
1. Go to www.icloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password
2. Click on Calendar and you should see your calendars listed on the left
3. Click on the Wifi like icon to the right of it and select the box that says "Public Calendar"
4. Highlight the link that comes up that starts with webcal:// and "Copy" it
5. Paste it into a new browser page (where the URl goes ie. www.google.co.uk) and BEFORE you click Enter change the webcal to http
6. Press enter on your keyboard and depending on your browser the calendar file will download one way or another, and probably to your downloads folder.
7. Untick the Public Calendar box unless you want your calendar to be found in Googles search engine !
8. Go to https://www.google.com/calendar and sign into your Google account.
9. Click on the tiny down arrow next to MY CALENDARS and select "Settings"
10. From here you can create a new calendar if you want to or import your ios calendar into a current Google calendar.
11. select Import Calendar
12. Browse to the downloaded iOS calendar (probably in your Downloads folder)
13. select where you want it to be imported to and click "Import"
14. You will get a confirmation message and then your Google calendar will show the content from your IOS calendar
Now assuming you have your Google calendar logged into your new phone the data that was on your Iphone will now be on your new Android.